Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm soooo happy!

Stinkylulu's Supporting Actress Smackdown 1976


This month I've been honoured to participate in one of Stinkylulu's Supporting Actress Smackdowns. It's something I've been wanting for some time now and it finally happened. Brian (Stinkylulu) invites us to say our thought on the 5 supporting actresses nominated in a certain year. At the end of the month there's a Smackdown, where he tallies the votes / the love and we find out which of the 5 was the final favorite.

For me, it's very exciting to be surrounded by people as passionate about Oscars as I am and about actresses and their Oscar-nominated contribution to their films. October's chosen year was 1976. The nominees for Best Supporting Actress 1976 were:
  • Jane Alexander, for All the President's Men
  • Jodie Foster, for Taxi Driver
  • Lee Grant, for Voyage of the Damned
  • Piper Laurie, for Carrie
  • Beatrice Straight, for Network
To see which one was my favorite and read my take on these performances please follow this link. If you're a movie fan, do click on it. There, you'll also find a montage that I created for the event.
Enjoy.

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Tom said...

What happened to the clip reel?

Alex Constantin said...

thanks for reminding. that account I had was deleted.
the new link for it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y3uoQriI3M