Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SAG predictions...




Unless I'm wrong, the SAG is announcing its nominees tomorrow. Now that was unexpected...

I did badly with my predictions for the Golden Globes, but, in all fairness, most of us did. Few expected the Musical/Comedy category to look that bad & grim.

But getting back to SAG. Here are my predictions, no winners, just nominees:



Best Actor:
Jeff Bridges
Robert Duvall
Jesse Eisenberg
Colin Firth
James Franco
(runner-up: Ryan Gosling)
.
.
.
.
Best Actress:
Annette Bening
Nicole Kidman
Jennifer Lawrence
Lesley Manville
Natalie Portman
(runner-up: Michelle Williams)



Best Supporting Actor:
Christian Bale
Andrew Garfield
Jeremy Renner
Mark Ruffalo
Geoffrey Rush
(runner-up: Michael Douglas)

Best Supporting Actress:
Amy Adams
Helena Bonham Carter
Melissa Leo
Hailee Steinfeld
Jacki Weaver

(runner-up: Dianne Wiest)



Ensemble:
The Fighter
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
The Social Network
True Grit


(runner-up: For Colored Girls)




3 comments:

dinasztie said...

Personally, I don't really believe in the chances of Manville anymore. I think Berry might get in if Williams is too indie for them.

Who do you think is going to take Best Supporting Actress? I think it's between Melissa Leo and Jacki Weaver (Leo might win as she's American). I haven't seen Leo, however Weaver was quite great. I'm not sure if she deserves to win. Have you seen the movie?

Also, I just cannot wait to see Black Swan. I have seen the trailer lime 20000 times and I want that movie.

Alex Constantin said...

I would've agreed with you on Manville's Oscar chances had it not been for the NBR win. Not since Mia Farrow (1990) have they given the award to someone who didn't end up at least an Oscar nominee.

I don't see Halle going past this Globe nom. If there's anyone hunting that 5th Oscar nom it's Michelle or Julianne. Julianne might get a SAG nom though, if they really really like KIDS.

I haven't seen any, but do I have Animal Kingdom home. So many stuff to catch up this days... LEO is definitely winning from what I can tell.


yes, Black Swan is still most anticipated for me right now. it and Another Year. and Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work which I haven't seen yet :)
usually, i don't like seeing the trailer too much (sometimes not even till the end) because it changes expectations.

joe burns said...

Manville still has a shot, but she won't if she gets snubbed.